The licensed dog boarding kennels and doggy day care at Nestledown Kennels was established over 25 years ago on an existing kennel complex that has been family owned since 1958. Located at the edge of Blindley Heath Common and farmland well away from the busy main road, this rural location is a popular dog walking area. Our location makes Nestledown Kennels the ideal place to board your dog if you live in: Crawley, Gatwick, Redhill, Reigate, Caterham, Godstone, Edenbridge, Felbridge and East Grinstead and surrounding villages in West Sussex and Surrey.
More about us
By 2015, it was clear that the fabric of the kennel had become tired and out-dated. So in consultation with the local animal licensing authority, the decision was taken to bring the kennel up to modern licensing standards. While work and further improvements are on-going, we feel that our two-year refurbishment project has brought us close to the standards you might expect to find in the new breed of ‘dog hotels’ – the only significant difference being the fees we charge.
Refurbishment has included:
- The fitting of a blown air conditioning and heating system
- Every kennel now has an individual heat lamp so dogs can stay cosy even in the coldest of winter months
- The food preparation area has been relocated and equipped with stainless steel storage and preparation surfaces as well as washable walls similar to those found in commercial kitchens
- Hygienic finishings to walls and floors
- New fire alarm system, up-to-date electrics and lighting
- A separate room houses machines for washing and drying the dog bedding, as well as a dog bath unit
- Outside we have added large dog exercise areas. And there’s more to come